Le Country Store LLC
Effective as of September 29, 2020
If you are a Nevada Resident, California Resident, or a data subject in Europe, please see respectively the “Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents,” “Additional Disclosures for California Residents,” and “Additional Disclosures for People in Europe” sections below. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information about you when you use the Services, including information you provide when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, contact customer support, or apply for a job. The information that we collect, and how we use and share that information, including the categories of information we collect and have collected in the last 12 months:
- Information you Provide:
If you purchase a Product through the Platform, you will be required to provide us with your name, billing address and shipping address. We use this information to process and ship your Product order(s), and you authorize us to share this information with suppliers of the Product(s) that you order, so that they can process and ship your order(s).
- Profile Data. We collect information including your interests, inferences, preferences and favorites.
- Content. We collect information regarding your content, including content within any messages you send to use (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Services (such as in product reviews or article comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Services (such as when you reply to a comment on one of our articles), and we will never use or share such information for direct marketing purposes.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Services. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected in the last 12 months includes:
- Service Use Data. This includes data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Geo-locational Information. Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may automatically collect geo-locational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain service providers. Collection of this information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such information by adjusting your browser settings, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. These technologies are used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our App. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Consumers or users of the Services
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Services, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Services or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to a technology service or incorporating a pixel from technology service into our own Service, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences. Some technology services may provide us with their own data, which is then uploaded into another technology service for matching common factors between those datasets.
In an ongoing effort to better understand users of our Website, App and Platform and the Products, we might use information, including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Website, App, Platform or Products. This aggregated or de-identified information does not identify you personally. We may use and share this aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For more information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Provide our Website, App, Platform and related support;
- Process and ship Product orders;
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to general inquiries, comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve our Services or other Le Country Store websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Solicit feedback regarding our Website, App, Platform and related support and the Products;
- Develop and provide you direct marketing and relevant content on our Website, App and Platform, including advertisements regarding products and services of ours or other entities, and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services;
- Send invoices and receive payments;
- Communicate with you regarding our current and future product and service offerings;
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries;
- Send you advertising;
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section above.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We also share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. When you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Disclosure to Public Authorities. We may be required to share information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share information when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Services.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
In certain circumstances, we may need to share information about the videos you view on our Services along with other information we have about you, including information you have provided to us (such as your name or address) and information we have automatically collected (such as IP address, device identifier, or precise location data) with Service Providers, Vendors, Affiliates, or Partners. By using the Services, you consent to our doing so, including the collection, use, and sharing as described in this policy.
We offer parts of our Services through websites, apps, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Services. Some examples include:
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Services that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to use through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor, recognize or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms including general web browner, “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Services may not function correctly.
- Opt-Out for Direct Marketing; Email Management. You may opt-out at any time from the receiving marketing and non-transactional emails from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. You may also opt-out of and manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” and “Manage Email Preferences” links located on the bottom of any Le Country Store marketing email and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your Registered User account, any Product orders, or Le Country Store’s ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notifications on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our app.
- Text Messages and Calls. You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message your receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE THROUGH THE PLATFORM
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We implement reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such information, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the Services, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the Services. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in “Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW TO CONTACT US
E-mail us at email@example.com
Or write to us at:
Le Country Store LLC, P.O. Box 181 New Kingston, NY 12459-0181
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
Notice of Collection.
We collect the following categories of personal information, as enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services.
- Audio or visual data, including pictures or vides you post on our Services.
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the Information Collection and Use section. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the Purpose of Collection and Use section, including to provide and manage our Services.
Le Country Store does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the Analytics and Advertising section as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity. Le Country Store discloses the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data and inferences. We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the Sharing of Information section for more detail about the parties we have shared information with.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In any emailed request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
To the extent Le Country Store sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You may also submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
We participate in the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s CCPA Compliance Framework for Publishers & Technology Companies (“IAB Framework”). This means that where you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale your personal information by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information, to the extent we sell your personal information in order to deliver ads tailored to your interests, we will notify downstream participants of the IAB Framework that receive personal information about you to only use your personal information for the limited purposes that are permitted under the IAB Framework.
Please note that the scope of the IAB Framework opt-out may only apply to personal information from the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. In addition, exercising your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information does not mean that you will stop seeing ads or that you will stop seeing interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertising across sites and additional opt-out choices, please see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections above and the links set forth therein. Where you opt-out of the sale for purposes of the CCPA, but do not opt-out of interest-based advertising more generally, you may continue to receive ads tailored to your interests based upon personal information not sold by us, sold to other IAB participants at least 90 days before you opted out, or sold by other sources from which you have not opted out. We are not responsible for any downstream participants’ compliance with the IAB Framework or the accuracy of their privacy policies or statements regarding their opt-out options or programs.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
Financial incentives are programs, benefits, or other offerings, including payments to consumers as compensation, for the disclosure, deletion, or sale of personal information about them.
We may offer discounted prices to consumers who sign up to be on our mailing lists, or provide promotional discounts for participating in our “Refer a Friend” program. In the “Refer a Friend” program you will receive $20 in shop credit when your friends register with Le Country Store and make their first purchase of $50 or more via your personal link. All credits are subject to review and approval per our terms of service, and may be subject to minimum purchase restrictions. You are only eligible to receive shop credit for the first ten people who use your referral code. After that you may still refer your friends and family, but you will not be eligible to receive additional shop credit.
We generally do not treat consumers differently if they exercise a right under California law. For example, if you opt-out of our mailing list, you can continue to receive most discounted prices by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, in certain circumstances, discounted prices will require you to be on our mailing list or a member of our loyalty program.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at email@example.com and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year. §
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”).
Le Country Store acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites, emails, and advertisements.
Lawful Basis for Processing.
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers, partners; (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
Data Transfer and Privacy Shield.
If your data is collected in Europe, we will transfer your personal data subject to appropriate safeguards, such as the Privacy Shield Framework discussed below and/or Standard Contractual Clauses.
Le Country Store complies with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries (including Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, respectively. We have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability (the “Privacy Shield Principles”).
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Your Data Subject Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us. Please allow us a reasonable time to respond to your inquiries and requests. You may exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to your request within 30 days. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your requests. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data in a form that identifies you to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, such as journalism, literature and art, scientific or historical research, statistical analysis, compliance with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, preventing fraud, and enforcing our agreements.
If you have a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach a data protection regulator, and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us. To do so, please use the contact information located in the Contact Us section above.